Give this one a try....
Curry Pumpkin Soup with Caramelized Onions
1 butternut squash
4 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
½ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1 large apple, peeled, cored and diced
3 cups almond milk
sea salt, to taste pinch
black pepper, to taste pinch
1) Pre heat at 375. Cut butternut squash in half. Brush 1/2 tbsp of olive oil on cut sides. Place squash face down on baking sheet. Cook for 30 min and allow to cool.
2) In a large skillet over medium-high, combine 2 tbsp of the olive oil and half of the onions. Sauté until the onions are very soft and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
3) Add the maple syrup and ginger, then reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring often, until the onions are thick and caramelized, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
4) Heat a large pot over medium-high; combine the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, the remaining onion, curry powder, red pepper flakes and apple. Sauté until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes.
5) Mix in the pumpkin and milk. Puree with immersion blender until smooth. Bring to a gentle simmer.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) To serve, ladle the soup into bowls, and then top each serving with caramelized onions.